Protecting your privacy is very important to us; this is how we ensure that your data remains private
- OWise holds no personal identifiable data; we will never know who you are. (To this end, we encourage you to select a username that contains no personal details.)
- We frequently update the OWise website and app to comply with the latest security standards.
- By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, you give consent that your fully anonymised treatment data may be used as part of a larger, aggregated set of data for medical research. This means that all the other details that you enter into OWise are never seen by us and are never used for research–not by us or anyone else.
- The only person who can share your OWise data is you. You can do this through the share button in certain functions on the OWise app (e.g. Trends), by printing out data and bringing it with you to your next doctor’s appointment or by using the Share my Data function if your hospital has signed up to OWise.
OWise and your privacy
As a Research and Development organisation, Px HealthCare’s goal is to improve the treatment of breast cancer. Our thorough medical research uses patient reported outcome data to generate insights into how different cancer patients respond to treatments, how this can be improved, and how new cancer treatments and diagnostic tools may be developed.
Px HealthCare takes the protection of privacy and user data very seriously. To achieve this the Px for Life Foundation has been established to manage and protect user data. User data is applied only in a fully anonymised and aggregated format for medical research purposes, and is treated in accordance with the most recent privacy protection regulations as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the protection of personal data (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
As mentioned above it is extremely important that you choose a username that can in no way be used to identify you individually. For example, do not use your name, surname or address as part of your username. Px HealthCare has systems in place to avoid coming into direct contact with any information that could lead to your identification. The e-mail address that you use to sign in to OWise is one-way encrypted: it is visible to you but it is stored as a scrambled code on the OWise computer system. With the exception of automated e-mails that are sent to you regarding registration, to update or reset your password (when requested by you), Px HealthCare cannot and will never contact you by e-mail. Any messages to you will be sent through the inbox in your OWise app and web application.
If you are certain that you will never want to use your OWise account again you can request us to delete your account. This includes all the details that you have ever entered, including all information, photos and audio recordings. Once deleted this information will not be accessible anymore. Also, you have the right to have your data exported so that you may use this in another way. Please contact us at email@example.com to make these requests.
In a completely anonymous way and as part of a large patient population, some of the details entered by you into the OWise app and/or website will be used for medical research. These details are:
- Your profile details
- Information you submit as part of your treatment plan
- “How do I feel right now?” data that you enter.
Together, this information is referred to as treatment data. All other information you enter into OWise will not be used for research. It is doubly encrypted and only accessible to you. This includes:
- Diary entries
- Audio recordings
- Questions and answers entered by you into Lists of Questions
It is up to you to decide with whom you share your information. You can do this by printing out your details to discuss with your doctor or nurse. Or you can e-mail them to your treating clinician ahead of an appointment. Be aware that these are personal details and that you should not share them indiscriminately.
Further examples of security measures that have been taken include:
- Strict account management functions (e.g. passwords are never sent by e-mail, users confirm account registration via a confirmation e-mail).
- A PIN code can be activated when using the app on a mobile device; the website features a rapid time-out that requires log-in to re-enter the site.
- Passwords are stored in a highly encrypted manner on a European server
- System administrators and developers do not have access to users’ e-mail addresses via an interface. The user is truly anonymous. This also means that even when a user needs help we cannot check an account from our end
All the content within the app is based on the national guidelines for the treatment of breast cancer and is regularly updated and reviewed by medical professionals in the field.
Medical research conducted by Px HealthCare is focused on patient-reported outcomes related to cancer treatments and may include research into:
- Side-effects during and after medical / drug treatments
- Outcomes including quality of life in patient subgroups
- Interactions between different medical treatments
- Correlations between different treatments, trends and cancer subtypes
Px HealthCare aims to share insights obtained from the fully anonymised and grouped user data with other medical research parties. These third parties may be non-profit (such as hospitals or academic research centres) or for-profit (such as pharmaceutical or diagnostic companies) organisations. All shared insights and data are applied to advance medical research in order to improve the clinical outcomes of cancer treatment.
If you have questions or comments regarding the protection of your privacy or the use of your treatment data to advance medical research, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website does not use third-party cookies such as Google Analytics. This site does not track you and Px HealthCare does not share any details of its website visitors with other organisations or corporations.